Monday, January 5, 2009

Vs. Sage

Since Sage's picks were designed to land him at the bottom of the league, I thought it might be a good use of my wee small hours of insomnia to how each of us fared against Sage in head-to-head battles throughout the season. I wanted to see if performance vs. the bottom of the league was related to overall record, but then I realized that statistical cross-analysis is something that I don't know how to do. No problem, since there doesn't seem to be a relationship there anyway. But I ran the numbers, so I might as well post them.

Here's the breakdown:

Kirk: 6-0
Dustin: 3-0
Billy: 2-2
Sean: 1-2
Brandon: 1-2

Which makes Sage 6-13 against the rest of us, just slightly worse than any of us did against him. So we've got that going for us.

So congratulations go out to Commissioner Kirk for winning something at least.

**UPDATE** I was going to check how the rest of us did against rest of the league, but trying to figure out how to score Dustin's inverted Lions points against my Vikings and Colts, not to mention his Colts, was too much for my addled brain. We may never know with mathematical certainty how ourDD went from 4th to 1st in the final weeks.

1 comment:

KIRK said...

whoohoo!! I rule you Ghost Sage! In your face!